Hot Chip Seal
Hot Chip Seal is a surface treatment that combines a Chip Seal and a thin lift of open graded friction course (OGFC) providing a double application of material. The Chip Seal provides a waterproof membrane and the Hot Chip Seal provides a strong wearing surface that will improve the profile of the existing asphalt.
Benefits of Hot Chip Seal:
- Improves skid-resistance and safety with a high friction surface
- Asphalt pavement needs additional structural strength
- Quiet surface treatment especially on high volume traffic roads
- Has a long life expectancy
- Enhances the appearance of the road by improving the surface texture, profile and surface color
- Effective use of maintenance dollars
Best Suited for: Residential Streets, Collector Streets, Heavy Loads, Industrial/Commercial Streets and High Volume Roads.
Hot Chip Seal Specifications
Should the video below not play immediately, please try using another browser.